Krazy Kart Racing - Cross platform multiplayer!

Last night I discovered that Krazy Kart Racing by Konami was available on my Android based Samsung Galaxy S, so had a few games, then we had a few multiplayer games over the local wifi.

The game is a pretty good Mario Kart type game, controlled by the tilt sensors, and by tapping the screen to release powerups and weapons.   It's good fun, and has all the things you'd expect from this kind of game - unlockable levels, power ups, good choice of kart and characters.. 

Today, I realised it's also available on the iPhone iOS operating system, so I downloaded it on my iPod to see if they'd actually done multiplayer that was cross-platform compatible.  At this stage I really didn't expect it to work.




However, imagine my surprise when...


It worked perfectly - picked it straight up, no problem at all..

I think this is the first time I've ever seen working cross-platform multiplayer.

I vaguely remember it was talked about when Halo first came out on the PC, Mac and XBox, but I don't think it ever actually came to life.

Hopefully this is the start of more cross-platform multiplayer!
Can you imagine playing this on XBox Live Arcade against someone in the next room playing on iPhone.  I know it's unlikely for political reasons, but how cool would that be!

Comments